Tiaano manufacture and supplier of FRP insulated Platinised Titanium Strip Anodes for ship hull protection. Effective cathodic protection guarantees corrosion free existence. Providing the structure is maintained at a potential of –0.8 volts, no loss of metal will occur at all during the life of the structure.
How does corrosion take place in ships?
Ships are made of steel; whose main component is iron. Iron is an electrochemically positive element, i.e., it has a tendency to give up electrons to become a free ion. Sea water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen, and it produces electrochemically negative hydroxyl ions which can accept the electrons given by Iron. This way the Iron ions combine with the hydroxyl ions of water to form Iron Hydroxide. This is called the oxidization of Iron, and this oxide is what we call as the brown color rust.
Cathodic protection is a mechanism which is employed to protect the ship’s surface from corrosion.
Advantage of our Platinised Titanium Anode - Ship Hull Protection:-
• Increased life of rudders, shafts, struts and propellers as well as other underwater
• Anodes are light, sturdy and compact for easy shipping, storage and installation
• Automatic control equipment ensures reliable, simple operation
• Only one installation required for the life of the vessel or structure
• Increased dry-dock interval